Patrick-Prairie Village Newborn Photos



On February 16, little Patrick William was born, and right in time for his newborn session that we had scheduled many months ago.  Lucky for me, I was able to photograph Patrick when he was just about 4 days old.  He is just perfect as can be, and the sleepiest little thing.  I always try to do newborn sessions within the first few days after coming home because that is when they are sleepiest, and they are usually much easier to pose...they are so used to being all cramped up that they will easily roll into lots of comfy little poses.  While Patrick was very sleepy during his session, it didn't really matter because he is so strong that there were times when I physically couldn't move his arm from wherever he wanted it because he was resisting so much.  Not only that, but when Patrick was awake he was already lifting his head up and looking around...pretty impressive for just 4 days old :)

One more thing before I get to the preview...the day of the session was just the 2nd day home for mom , dad and baby and unfortunately they told me they had been up all night the night before with a sad baby.  I don't know how they did it, because at the session mom and dad were both wide awake and so sweet and patient, not to mention they both looked great.  I had a wonderful time photographing Patrick, and I hope you enjoy your preview!

Patrick's beautiful nursery.
Love the seersucker bedding, and no room is complete without a few Jayhawks :)

How great is this pillow?  The fabric is the same as his bedding and window treatments...adorable!




I had to throw this in...too funny not to.









In this picture, Patrick discovered how to suck his thumb...or really all of his fingers.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP